Saturday, May 9, 2020

Halle on a Box


So I called the vet, and told her Halle'd laid an egg. She told me that though she'd examined Halle two days prior, there was no way she could have known that there was an egg on the way. Bizarre. Anyway, she also told me that it would be better for Halle's health if she were to not lay any more eggs. Too much of a strain on her body for no good reason. The way to keep her from laying, said the vet, was to limit her hours of sunlight to 8 per day. Just 8! Then she suggested I remove any nesting materials or snuggly toys, and not let her play in a box. The daylight deprivation sounded like the worst, until the news about boxes. Boxes are Halle's favorite toys. Feeling like a cruel human, I did as the vet suggested, though I let her have 9 hours' sunlight. Fortunately it all worked, and there have been no new eggs. Nesting season must be over by now, so I've gradually increased Halle's sunlight, though she never really seemed to mind the limitation. It was all me.

No comments:

Post a Comment