Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child
I got brave and sang my song at the Chamber Singers Zoom meeting tonight. Beforehand, I'd been warming up and thought I couldn't get enough air to make it sound right, but during the first half of the meeting Allison had us warm up with some exercises that were just right. I began singing, and thought I had the wrong interval between the first two notes, but it didn't seem to faze anyone, and eventually I found my way to the more traditional melody. Thank God it's a spiritual or folk tune, with plenty of room for interpretation. People really responded well. A couple cried. Woohoo!
As I said before, I wanted to give people a gift in case they had to celebrate Mother's Day without their mothers. There are so many who had to this year.
Labels:
Interpretation,
Mother's Day,
Preparation,
Solo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment