Thursday, September 24, 2020

Bring in the Flowers


 I've brought my hibiscus plants indoors for the season, and though they're dropping yellow leaves at the shock, they're also blooming like crazy. These are plants my old tenant and friend, Bill bought when he stayed here a couple of years ago. I'm shocked that I've kept them alive this long and that they're thriving.

I took my car in for a look at the tires, which had become squishy. The mechanic was selling his business, but said he could do the tire repair in a couple of days. So I brought it back in a couple of days, and he acted surprised at the job that needed to be done, told me he'd sold all his tools. So I called another shop, and they took me four days later. The slow leak, they could have repaired, but there was cracking on the side walls, and they told me I needed new tires. Four of them. The good news was that Lacey, the office worker told me they'd charge $600+ for the tires, then a hundred for the installation. But she suggested I go online for the tires. I did, and saved $200. Nice of her. Now they're off for a week, and will put the tires on on the 6th of October. Two more weeks. Sigh. So I'm going to keep topping off the air as I carefully drive to the store and back. No long trips for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment