Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Chicken


Well, we got to the 'sharing' portion of our zoom meeting, and I balked, didn't sing my song. Maybe next week I'll be brave. Not that these people are anything but loving. The atmosphere just seemed kind of fun, and the song would be sort of somber. Excuses, excuses.

The above painting is of Jon Arterton and James Mack's house when they lived in North Truro. It's in the collection of the late Barbara Taylor. The boys didn't snap it up soon enough, as I recall. 

Jon was the director of the Outer Cape Chorale before Allison Beavan took over. He got people excited about singing, and grew the Chorale to about 120 or 150 members, I forget which. He's a hoot, always making jokes during rehearsal. Now he's in the Tampa-St. Pete area directing two different groups, I believe. James has a gorgeous baritone-to-tenor voice, great range. They're both missed around here, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment